If you are interested in the ministry of caring for children in your own home, then foster parenting might be for you. At this time, Baptist Children's Home offers foster care supervision and support in Northwest Indiana and in Mid-Michigan.
Foster Parent Requirements:
The requirements from the State of Indiana include:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Passing a criminal history and background check that includes a fingerprint-based national history
- Demonstrating financial stability
- Own or renting your own home that meets physical safety standards
- Successful completion of pre-service training requirements
- Positive personal reference statements
- Completing all required forms within the licensing packet
Please contact our office for more information about foster parent requirements.